Any reports, statements, billings, etc. can be printed to a PDF file.
This way you have an exact copy in case you ever need to refer back to it.
A patient may call your office questioning a statement you sent out two months ago. You would be able to refer to the PDF file and view an exact copy of the statement the patient is looking at. You would also be able to print another copy if necessary.
To print to a PDF file …
1. be sure to select “Print to Screen” (not the printer)
2. click on the “Print” icon (picture of printer at the top of the screen without the yellow wrench) then click [Ok]. This will print to your printer.
3. click on the “Printer Setup” icon (picture of printer with the yellow wrench)
3. select PDF reDirect as your printer then click [Ok]
4. click on the “Print” icon (picture of printer without the yellow wrench) then click [Ok]
5. enter a “Filename” and the “Folder” you would like to save it in then click [Save].
(filename example: “statements 2017.03.02.pdf”)
6. close the PDF reDirect window.
note: leaving the PDF reDirect window open will add the next printout to the same file.
If PDF reDirect is not listed as a printer option, please call so we can help you install it.